do not be captivated by anyone or anything
Monday, June 20, 2005
Read about kimberlycun's entry on her night out with her mom to watch Batman. Before the movie, they decided to pamper themselves with some new clothes at a shop nearby (I am guessing here). She was pretty frustrated (and mad) when her mom did not pay for her two halterneck tops while at the sales counter. Her mom told her to buy those clothes with her own money. Naturally she was hurt and felt unloved. Not sure if she is still sulking now, but am sure she'll get over it.

This made me wonder when was the last time I actually asked my parents for money to buy anything. Ever since leaving university, I have never asked my parents for anymore money. In fact, I DO give money to my mom albeit not much and not consistently (not sure if any of you guys out there are doing this filial peity thing, but if you are not... tsk tsk tsk). Anyway, I DO reward my family with my share of my bonuses every year now.

Being born under the Chinese zodiac of the ever *cough* talented, *cough* perceptive and *ehem* handsome Horse, naturally I have a totally self-reliant and indepdendent streak. So this is my stand on money...

Using people's money = DEPENDENCE
Using own's money = SELF-EMPOWERMENT

Ok, so the lines above may not be some deep truth. But contemplate on it. Every time you purchased some item that you desire, was it from your own cash? If yes, did you feel the high sense of self-worth? The pride of achieving self-fulfillment via your very own means?

Sure, one of these days I will definitely seek my parents help for some financial assistance. But only when I know I do not have the capacity to fulfill those needs myself. I hate to do it but sometimes certain situations do demand it like when my parents knowing that their first son is getting married (What?! My son got girlfriend already meh?) or settling the downpayment for my house in KL. Well, neither has happened yet, so not need to worry.

Wished I had a more lucrative paying job, all the problems in the world sure can solve one... sigh.

But hey look on the bright side. At least, I am owning my first car fully supported financially by yours truly now.
posted by Ericos
Comments
Blogger Kimberly Low i am over it hehe. i agree with your stand on money, if you're working and still leeching off your parents that's just gross. nice blog!
Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:48:00 PM
 

Perception in life is not defined by a long and continuous journey but rather a series of momentous singular events that shapes an individual's unique character. Each event gives rise to new perspectives, new fears, new strengths and even new ideals. By contemplating on the meaning of these events, I seek to expand my mind's vistas and thus becoming a better me.
about Me

Name: Ericos
Email: ericosta78@gmail.com
Location: Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
news Feeds
global Interests
grey Matter
Why GREY? Why use grey for my blog's colour theme? I had wanted silver but it's kinda hard to get that on our monitor screens don't you think... :-) Anyway being grey is COOL. Neither black nor white but somewhere in between. Reflects my view of life perfectly and totally. There are no absolute rights or absolute wrongs, in other words, no absolute truths. Our perceptions are based on conditions and our actions are based on circumstances. But our life is not all that greeeeeeeeeeey right? Yup, that's right and this is where my photos, occasionally, will add the necessary dashes of colour to my blog. Just as how dull routines at work makes chance meetings with friends so cherishable, the greyishness of my design makes my photos so much more livelier.
hot Reviews

Project Petaling Street
Get Firefox!
Copyright (C) Eric Chua, circa 2005