do not be captivated by anyone or anything
Monday, July 04, 2005
A slight turn of event saw me ending up at the Maxis 3G Service Promotional Launch at the KLCC Convention Centre on Sunday night. Apparently, it was the event's last day and I was lucky enough to check it out before it ends at 9PM.

Some shots from the admin office observation deck...





I made one round through all the exhibition booths which were fitted with high-tech LCD displays to showcase Maxis' new 3G service capabilities. Hot-looking promotion babes were sporting sexy outfits in green and white.

I decided to check out one booth which was featuring the Maxis portal's Game Zone. Gorgeous Christine showed me the capabilities of the 3G Motorola phone in her hands. As she tinkered with the device to download some cartoon clips for me, I couldn't help wondering about the possibility of me having a girlfriend like her. Anyway, one yellow looking SpongeBob popped up into view after all the time waiting for the buffering to complete. It's kinda cool. So I asked her if EPL was available too. Unfortunately no but no worries man. Demand will be great and supply will naturally fill the void. Her voice was so sultry all the time that I find it a little hard to concentrate on whatever that I was viewing then. Knowing myself, I was extra careful all the time whenever I held the mobile device in my hands as I was afraid of accidentally dropping it. Christine proceeded to show me the real-time traffic livecam service feature. After some buffering time again, I got to see the Ampang Park intersection. Cool, no traffic jam at all!


Gorgeous Christine showing of the 3G phone


Livecam footage of the Ampang Park intersection

8.00 PM

Emcee of the day went right straight to the center of the hall. Also in green and white. You can tell that this is an extremely cool emcee when he performed some amusing gig that delighted the audience.


Emcee doing the dancing gig

He then later called for couples to join a contest with a pair of Nokia 3G phone for the winning couple. There were enough sporting couples who took up the challenge.


Couple's Song Miming Contest

Contest was simple. Song will be played, couples will need to mime and dance to the tune of the song.


Emcee doing the miming gig - setting the example


Videcam projected onto big screen. Cool!

Everyone seemed to like Indian dance songs. Dancing around the emcee as if he was a tree. At times, the emcee had to interrupt too during part of the routine when it was deemed to be too sexually explicit for general public viewing, such as when one overtly couple who decided to hug on stage. Hilarious. The winning couple was way way much better than the rest. The audience just loved it when the guy started with a John Travolta opening move.


Winners of the song miming contest. They won hands down.

Technology is cool to me but I still have the budget-sense to consider the usefullness of the some of the offerings available. Will just have to wait a little while longer for the economies of scale to kick in before even deciding to sign-up for the service.

PS:
I was supposed to fill in for a friend's extra ticket for War Of The Worlds. But as it turned out, my friend's friends was lacking one ticket in the end. Since I have watched WOTW and it's definitely not on my Must-Watch-Movie-Again list, I opted out. No problem man, all I needed to do was to find something else to while my time away with. Drifted over to Kinokuniya and eventually bought 2 business books for the office.
posted by Ericos
Comments

Perception in life is not defined by a long and continuous journey but rather a series of momentous singular events that shapes an individual's unique character. Each event gives rise to new perspectives, new fears, new strengths and even new ideals. By contemplating on the meaning of these events, I seek to expand my mind's vistas and thus becoming a better me.
about Me

Name: Ericos
Email: ericosta78@gmail.com
Location: Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
news Feeds
global Interests
grey Matter
Why GREY? Why use grey for my blog's colour theme? I had wanted silver but it's kinda hard to get that on our monitor screens don't you think... :-) Anyway being grey is COOL. Neither black nor white but somewhere in between. Reflects my view of life perfectly and totally. There are no absolute rights or absolute wrongs, in other words, no absolute truths. Our perceptions are based on conditions and our actions are based on circumstances. But our life is not all that greeeeeeeeeeey right? Yup, that's right and this is where my photos, occasionally, will add the necessary dashes of colour to my blog. Just as how dull routines at work makes chance meetings with friends so cherishable, the greyishness of my design makes my photos so much more livelier.
hot Reviews

Project Petaling Street
Get Firefox!
Copyright (C) Eric Chua, circa 2005