do not be captivated by anyone or anything
Friday, November 04, 2005
Another momentous occasion.

Google Print is finally here. This convergence of digital and print technologies truly heralds the 21st century of human civilization - albeit on a search and discovery mode only. Finding books is supposed to be easy, it seems.


Gosh, I wonder why Amazon did not do this. Copyright infringement issues and nervousnous from some prominent publishers still lingers, but history have shown that the technology tide will ensure that this will come to pass.

But to succeed, Google must be relentless in its pursuit to conquer the print world. Google Print must reach the tipping point where both producers and consumers are willing to play. Google has only started the first step to ignite this virtuous cycle. Great revolutionary technologies of recent times have utilized the wisdom of crowds. Obviously this is what Google is banking for.

If the technology world is going to excite me everyday like this, I don't think my heart can take the adrenaline rush any further. I will just die with excitement.

Labels:

posted by Ericos
Comments
Blogger Tiensoon Instead of scanning books like Google Print does, Amazon.com will be rolling out a programme called Amazon Pages which allows customers to purchase portion of a book (even just ONE page) for online viewing. This programme has got its support from The Authors Guild

Feel free to hop on to my recent post titled You Can Purchase ONE Page of a Book from Amazon for further information :-)
Friday, November 04, 2005 3:00:00 PM
 

Perception in life is not defined by a long and continuous journey but rather a series of momentous singular events that shapes an individual's unique character. Each event gives rise to new perspectives, new fears, new strengths and even new ideals. By contemplating on the meaning of these events, I seek to expand my mind's vistas and thus becoming a better me.
about Me

Name: Ericos
Email: ericosta78@gmail.com
Location: Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
news Feeds
global Interests
grey Matter
Why GREY? Why use grey for my blog's colour theme? I had wanted silver but it's kinda hard to get that on our monitor screens don't you think... :-) Anyway being grey is COOL. Neither black nor white but somewhere in between. Reflects my view of life perfectly and totally. There are no absolute rights or absolute wrongs, in other words, no absolute truths. Our perceptions are based on conditions and our actions are based on circumstances. But our life is not all that greeeeeeeeeeey right? Yup, that's right and this is where my photos, occasionally, will add the necessary dashes of colour to my blog. Just as how dull routines at work makes chance meetings with friends so cherishable, the greyishness of my design makes my photos so much more livelier.
hot Reviews

Project Petaling Street
Get Firefox!
Copyright (C) Eric Chua, circa 2005