do not be captivated by anyone or anything
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Roughly three weeks ago, I had the good fortune of standing in for a colleague of mine to cover for a particular TV coverage for a restaurant in USJ 11, Subang Jaya. I was actually quite apprehensive at first about the assignment since I have no journalistic experience before this - even more so when it comes to describing gourmet food. That morning, I prepped myself with enough intelligent questions that I would ask. I can at least sound professional, right?

Anyway, I arrived at the place early at 5:00PM sharp so that I can interview the owner without interrupting his busy schedule that would begin around 6:00PM.


Dine Out at USJ 11, Subang Jaya

Mr Gilbert Chin, the restaurant owner, turns out to be quite a friendly guy. He was a former accountant and interior designer but I guess he knew his destiny was to run a business where he could socialize with people from all walks of life. I immediately took a liking to him as my interview with him went on smoothly. We talked not only about the specialities offered by his restaurant but also on philosophy and life.

I love the nostalgic ambience of the restaurant. For old timers, this is definitely the place to relive the past of the 60s and 70s. I wasn't born yet, but I sure can feel the excitement for those people who lived through that era.









By 7:00PM, the TV crew arrived and my interview session ended. Mr Gilbert excused himself as he went about entertaining the entertainers. Props were setup and faces were powdered. Very tiring business, the media industry.

Maria Tengku Sabri from TV3's Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan was around...





What, Chinese restaurant also can interview, meh? Well, here's the surprise for you. It's absolutely pork-free. Of course, I got to try out some of the delicacies myself - that's why we are all here in the first place. I have to tell you this - it's absolutely heavenly.


Butter Prawns


Mongolian Chicken


Crispy Choy Sam


Steamed Tilapia

I like them all, I am not even sure which is my favourite.


There's even FREE King's ice-cream too. Take as much as you can... :-b

Well, I ended up having my good friend write an article about the restaurant after I brought him there for dinner. Honestly, my limited variety of gourmet adjectives will not do justice to the excellent offerings available at Dine Out. Here's a map for those who are interested try this place out. Trust me, it's good... :-)



Note to self: Two persons birthday are coming. Shall celebrate another year of bachelorhood with a fine feast at Dine Out.

Related links:

Labels:

posted by Ericos
Comments
Blogger boo_licious Thanks so much for the pictures and the review of this place. Since I read the NST article I have been thinking of this place as I want to try their unusual pie tee.
Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:38:00 PM
 
Anonymous Anonymous Wow...

Yummy. I am feeling so hungry now.

Bet it was a darn good meal Ericos. :)

Cheers!!!

Friday, August 05, 2005 4:38:00 PM
 
Blogger Ericos Yes, Kyels. It was a very good meal. Especially when I get a special treat from the Mr Gilbert himself... hahaha.

Well, if we ever meet, maybe I can belanja you one at Dine Out... :-)
Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:35:00 AM
 
Anonymous Anonymous Awwww... That's so sweet of you Ericos. :)

How are you doing? Hope to talk to you online soon. :P

Cheers!!!

Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:42:00 AM
 

Perception in life is not defined by a long and continuous journey but rather a series of momentous singular events that shapes an individual's unique character. Each event gives rise to new perspectives, new fears, new strengths and even new ideals. By contemplating on the meaning of these events, I seek to expand my mind's vistas and thus becoming a better me.
about Me

Name: Ericos
Email: ericosta78@gmail.com
Location: Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
news Feeds
global Interests
grey Matter
Why GREY? Why use grey for my blog's colour theme? I had wanted silver but it's kinda hard to get that on our monitor screens don't you think... :-) Anyway being grey is COOL. Neither black nor white but somewhere in between. Reflects my view of life perfectly and totally. There are no absolute rights or absolute wrongs, in other words, no absolute truths. Our perceptions are based on conditions and our actions are based on circumstances. But our life is not all that greeeeeeeeeeey right? Yup, that's right and this is where my photos, occasionally, will add the necessary dashes of colour to my blog. Just as how dull routines at work makes chance meetings with friends so cherishable, the greyishness of my design makes my photos so much more livelier.
hot Reviews

Project Petaling Street
Get Firefox!
Copyright (C) Eric Chua, circa 2005